If you want to learn more about the frozen yogurt industry and how frozen yogurt machines can be used to build your business, make sure to spend a few moments reading an article recently published on CreditDonkey.com. The article, entitled 23 Frozen Yogurt Industry Statistics That Will Delight You, highlights many interesting and encouraging facts about frozen yogurt machines, frozen yogurt shops, and current worldwide attitudes towards frozen yogurt.
A few points featured in the article include the following:
- According to the article, annual sales of frozen yogurt increased by 21 percent between 2008 and 2013, generating approximately $2 billion in revenue. Annual sales topped out at $486 million last year alone.
These numbers certainly indicate that frozen yogurt machines around the world have been providing tasty treats to quite a few customers over the last several years!
- The article states that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) estimates that just over 80 million gallons of frozen yogurt were produced in 2013, a jump of nearly 40 percent over 2012 figures.
This statistic indicates that more frozen yogurt machines were required by frozen yogurt shops and other food-related establishments last year than in previous years!
- The information in the CreditDonkey.com article indicates that many people who enjoy frozen treats prefer frozen yogurt to old-fashioned ice cream. The article states, a survey from 16 Handles, a New York-based frozen yogurt brand, found that 79 percent of customers preferred froyo to regular ice cream, and 44 percent say they would give up ice cream for a month before they’d forgo their frozen yogurt indulgence.
Is this because froyo fans like to create a customized bowl of frozen yogurt using self-serve frozen yogurt machines?
- The article indicates that owners of frozen yogurt machines and/or frozen yogurt shops have the potential to earn great profits from their business. The ingredients that go into frozen yogurt are pretty basic: there’s milk solids, sweetener, yogurt, flavorings, and in some cases, food coloring. While that seems like a lot, it actually breaks down toless than 10 cents an ounce to make, according to a CBS report. That’s a major markup for customers who are paying $5 to $7 a cup.
Frozen yogurt machines have the capability of producing frozen treats quickly and inexpensively!
- According to the article, frozen yogurt fans appreciate the variety of flavors offered in frozen yogurt machines. While vanilla continues to be the most popular flavor for ice cream, that’s not necessarily the case when it comes to frozen yogurt. According to the 16 Handles survey, it actually ranked dead last behind tart, chocolate, birthday cake, and salted caramel, which was preferred by 30 percent of respondents.
Shops with multiple frozen yogurt machines can offer customer many frozen yogurt flavor choices!