If your frozen yogurt franchise is looking for an excellent way to give back to the community this holiday season, consider organizing a food drive. Many organizations use the months of October, November and December to coordinate a food drive. At this time of year, the community is in the mood to be generous. Schools, sports teams, and companies of all shapes and sizes use the holiday season to promote their philanthropic efforts. Your frozen yogurt franchise can easily jump on the food drive bandwagon.
There are many reasons that a frozen yogurt franchise can and should organize a food drive. The website CreatetheGood.org summarizes its Great Reasons to do This Project with the following points:
A food drive allows you to:
- Help feed people
- Support a community program
- Demonstrate social responsibility
- Meet people in your community
- Give back to the community during these uncertain economic times
As a frozen yogurt franchise, you have the opportunity to promote your food drive using many creative techniques. One of the most popular ways in which food establishments get their community to participate in a food drive is by offering a discount or a coupon after a non-perishable food donation is made.
Your frozen yogurt franchise may want to use one of the following ideas:
- Offer customers a free small cup of frozen yogurt after they donate a non-perishable item to your food drive.
- Give customers a coupon good for $1, $2 or $3 off their next visit to your frozen yogurt franchise for each non-perishable food items they donate.
- Organize a raffle with a nice grand prize, and provide customers with one raffle ticket for each non-perishable food item the donate.
- Give “free frozen yogurt for a month” to the one customer who donates the most non-perishable food items to your frozen yogurt franchise’s food drive.
If you want to take things a step further, you can ask your customer for additional help. You can ask them to 1) donate food, and also 2) give you help organizing the donated food and delivering it to your local food bank. By asking for the community’s direct involvement in your frozen yogurt franchise’s food drive, you will inevitably build a strong bond with many of your customers. This will help build customer loyalty.
Organizations of all types look for ways to give back to their community during the holiday season. A food drive is a great way to accomplish this goal. For more information on how to organize a food drive at your frozen yogurt franchise location, visit MoveForHunger.org’s website. The site provides excellent advice including Steps for Setting up a Food Drive.